The Yaburara Mardudhunera Peoples have, over the years, negotiated and signed a number of agreements with resource companies and other companies / organisations. YACMAC is the legal entity that represents the interests of its members in negotiations with service providers, resource companies, government agencies and other Aboriginal organisations.
The Corporation itself, also plays an integral role in co-management of the Murujuga National Park as one of three contracting parties to the Burrup and Maitland Industrial Estate Agreement (BMIEA) with the state government.
YACMAC’s main activities are to:
- Pursue the Native Title Claim on behalf of the Yaburara Mardudhunera Peoples
- Negotiate Agreements with resource companies and other parties
- Organise members to participate in monitoring and heritage surveys
- Advocate on behalf of individual member
- Coordinate Community Events
- Establish Joint Ventures
- Sponsorship of Community Activities